Got advice on changes to make on when i posted my entry for the Lighting Challenge on CGSociety. Got straight onto making changes. I started by lighting the bulbs and not the glass on the street lights. I then went onto adding atmosphere which greatly increases the render time but looks so much better it’s worth it. Lastly i played with the depth of field which i’m a little more happy with. Over all i think it looks much better learnt alot with this project.
These are some test renders i was getting while playing with the atmosphere fog they look really good but the main aim was for the viewer to look at the arch and clock.
Here’s a before and after of my next project. Dont think itll be lego but it may be havnt decided. Filmed all the footage and took the panoramic all went to plan its looking fairly integrated barely any compositing on the lego man. Need to come up with something to actually happen now =)
Here’s the final image of the brewery. im pretty happy with it. Really cant think of any changes to make. Adding more might make it too cluttered and im happy with the lighting and composition. I rly like the strong main light coming through the front window will be using that in projects to come. Really enjoyed this project will have to come up with another one soon.
Worked hard on this all day. Its getting really close. Pretty chuffed of how its turning out =)
No massive changes but taking my time and really thinking about each change i make. Now that the Teddy hug is rendered and comped I can focuse n getting this done. Going to add more detail to the brewer itself and more to set. Got refrence for the lights from the Heineken brewery very cool lights.
I took a good look at my showreel trying to figure out how to improve it. One of my weakest pieces of work is one i call “Teddy Hug” Its a project that was more designed to show off animation than anything else with a really basic light set up and set design. I realise now that these thing probably wouldn’t be ignored and needs updated.
Here’s the original
and with a few set changes a completely new lighting setup and an extra camera here’s what i got.
Hopefully in a few years time ill be updating this version and it’ll look even better agian
This is a starting point for this project. I have been experimenting with resolutions on my last few projects changing them can have a really dramatic effect on an image. Need to add some grim texture to the brewer itself but happy with the lighting for now. Need alot more set dressing and background adjustments.